Terms & Conditions
Service & Plan Terms & Conditions
It is important for your benefit and protection that you read these terms and conditions (including the ‘Special conditions’ section). These and your plan summary, and any changes we notify you about (at renewal or otherwise), form your agreement with us. We intend to rely on the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Plan: this contract of services.
Product(s): the appliance(s) protected by this plan, as shown in your plan summary. We /us/our: Secure home appliances limited, the provider of the plan, trading as Securehomeapp.com.
You /your: the person named on your summery plan.
Your plan summary: the personalised section of your plan documentation, sent to you once you have taken out a plan or at renewal.
You must be at 18 years old and resident in the United Kingdom to be eligible. Your product must be in good working order when this plan starts. Contract of Services
If your product suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown after the end of the manufacturer’s parts and labour guarantee period, our customer services team will try to resolve the problem over the telephone. If we are not able to resolve the problem, we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair. Where a repair is approved, we will then authorise an engineer to carry out your repair, or we may also (at our option), decide to replace or pay the cost of replacing your product, in each case subject to these terms and conditions. There is a 45 day clause period where the first claim cannot be made during the clause period, and we do not cover any pre-existing fault, any deliberate or malicious damage including any accidental damage, or any fault that has occurred prior to the 45 day period. (Please see plan limitation)
To request a repair please contact us as soon as possible using the telephone number shown on your plan summary.
1. If a repair is approved, we may (at our discretion), decide to replace your product with a new product of the same or similar model and technical specification.
2. If we decide thatyour product needs to be replaced but we cannot reasonably arrange a replacement, we may decide to give you a voucher instead. The vouchers will be for the full retail price (from a retailer chosen by us) of a replacement product of the same or similar model and technical specification
3. All vouchers will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Voucher settlements will be sent to the last address you gave us. If vouchers are not available, we may provide a cash equivalent.
4. Risk of these vouchers shall pass to you as soon as you have been notified by us that the vouchers in question have been ordered. We shall not be liable or obliged to replace lost vouchers that have been ordered by us and dispatched for delivery by a reputable delivery service.
Disposal & Delivery Costs
1.If the product is taken or sent away from your home for repair and is then replaced, the original product will become our property and we will dispose of it. If your product remains in your home but is replaced, you will be responsible for disposing of it atyour own cost. In all cases you will beresponsible for installing the newappliance and paying any related costs.
If Your Appliance Is Replaced
If the manufacturer replaces your product under a manufacturer’s guarantee,the plan will continue on there placement appliance as if it were the original product. If were place your product under the terms of yourplan(or give you vouchers for your replacement) we will provide you with a renewed plan summary incorporating the details of there placement product.Bydoing so this shall indicate that the plan has automatically rolled over on to your replacement product on identical terms. We also reserve the right to terminate your plan at the point of replacement.
Repair or Replacement Declined
If we decide not to approve a repair request which would other wise fall with in the terms of your plan, we will inform you. Unless our refusal to repair is due to a breach of these terms by you,all fee payments you have made in the current period of your plan will be refunded and your plan will end immediately. No further amounts will be payable.We’ll confirm this in writing to the last address you gave us.
If you appliance has broken down and you have requested a repair, and we have arranged a date for the engineer to arrive, and on arrival and after inspection of the appliance or before inspection, you inform the engineer or us, that you do not want the appliance repaired, then an aborted call out fee will be charged. The standard charge for aborted call out is currently £50.
1. If you pay the monthly fees (inclusive of all applicable taxes) by Direct Debit, you must make regular payments in accordance with the ‘Payments schedule’ set out in your plan documentation. If we are unable to collect a payment from your bank, we may attempt to request payment again unless you advise us otherwise. If a second request is not collectable, we will cancel your plan for non-payment. (No refunds will be given) When you have paid the monthly fees by Direct Debit for the number of consecutive months shown in the ‘Payments schedule’, if the initial plan period has not yet expired, no further payment will be taken for the remainder of the Initial plan Period unless and until your payments in accordance with the ‘Payments.
Further payment will be taken for the remainder of the Initial plan Period unless and until your payments in accordance with the ‘Payments schedule’ set out in your plan documentation. If we are unable plan renews for a further period (see ‘Duration and renewal of your plan’ below).
1. If instead you choose to pay all the fees for the period in advance in one payment, you must pay this amount (inclusive of allapplicable taxes) before the plan will start.
2. We may use a collection agency to recover any amount owing tous.
3. If you do not pay for your plan on time, it will be suspended from the due date. Any requests for repairs past this date will not be considered for approval unless payment is received.We do not store card holder information.
Plan Duration & Renewal
1. The initial plan period begins on the ‘start date’ and continues until the ‘renewal date’, as specified in your plan summary (unless ended in accordance with these terms andconditions).
2. Before your planends,we will write to you about renewing and your renewal notice will show the new amount to pay. The fee payable may increase at renewal.
3. If you pay by Direct Debit, each year your protection will automatically continue for another year with anew planat rene walun less you have advised usotherwise.There new al fee will again be collected from your specified bank account to ensure you are always protected.
4. If you pay by any other means, you will need to make payment for your plan to continue.
5.A cooling off period (lasting 14 days from renewal of the plan or the day on which you receive your renewal documentation, whichever is the later) applies at the renewal of your plan.
6.We reserve the right not to offer you are new alon your plan
Cancellation & Plan Duration
1. The ‘cooling off period’ is the fourteen (14) days period from receipt of your documentation or from the plan start date,which ever is later.
2. Ifyou change your mind during the cooling off period,you cancancel your plan and we’ll refund any feepaid.
3. If your plan automatic all yendsor is cancelled by us,these rights do not apply (see‘Our right to cancel your plan or bring it to an end’below).
If you cancel your plan after the cooling off period then the following will apply:
• If you have not received a repair, we’ll refund the fee paid by you for the remaining full months of your plan.If you pay for your plan by Direct Debit,
- you will only receive are fund if you have already paid for any future months of yourplan.
- If you have received a repair, no refund will be given,and you will have to pay the cost of the repair. This will be capped at the plan fee (less any fees you have already paid in thecurrent period).
If you request a refund after the 14 days cooling off period, you will receive a full refund minus a £50 cancellation fee.
How to Cancel
If you wish to cancel your plan,please contact us on 0203 769 6575 (9 am to 5 pm, Mon-Fri). You can also cancel by writing to us at the address specified in the ‘Customer services details’section.If you are paying by Direct Debit and tell your bank to cancel your Direct Debit Instruction,but do not contact us first,we will not immediately cancel your plan.If you do wish to cancel,please contactus directly to avoid any communications regarding outstanding payments.
Our Right to Cancel
1. If at any time we replace your product (or give you a voucher settlement), your plan will automatically roll over on to your replacement product on identical terms.
2. If you fail to comply with certain conditions and obligations (see‘Important conditions and your obligations’ above)we may bring your plan to anend and we won’t provide any further services to you under the plan. Any future payments made under your plans hall be refunded. You must pay us for any call-out and repair costs we have incurred in the current period.
3. We reserve the right to cancel your plan by giving you fourteen (14) days’ notice.Ifwecancelyourplanusingthisprovision,you will receive a prorata refund of the fee paid for there main ingun expired days of yourplan.
4. In each case, we’ll confirm any such ending or cancellation of the plan in writing to the last address you gave us
You must provide us with any information that we request when you apply for the plan. All information you give must not be false, exaggerated or misleading; your product must have been installed, maintained and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
• Your product must be owned by you and kept only for domestic use;
• Your product must be used in a private home, solely occupied by a single household (at the address you gave to us);
• Your product must be easily accessible and meet all relevant safety standards and be safe to work on;
• You must take reasonable steps to limit the damage to your product once you are aware of the breakdown; and
• Any indication of non-compliance with any of the above conditions shall give us the right to immediately terminate your plan.
Should there be any work required to make your product accessible for repair then this shall be your responsibility to arrange prior to requesting services from us. When requesting a repair from us under your plan you must inform us at the outset of any intended works required in order to make the product accessible/compliant with all relevant safety standards and we shall be entitled to request certification of completed accessibility/compliance works prior to undertaking our repairs to your product. We are entitled to withhold our provision of the services under your plan should we arrive at your premises to undertake the repair works and discover that the product isnot accessible or compliant. We may end your plan by giving written notice should we deem that you have failed to comply with the conditions and eligibility requirements in these terms or that you have not fulfilled your obligations under your plan.
You must provide us with your plan summary and your original proof of purchase for your product to verify your repair request. You should send any requested documents to 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT
Only engineers approved by us are authorised to carry out repairs under this plan, unless we agree otherwise in advance. Repairs will be carried out within the repairer’s normal working hours (which are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) on a date agreed with you. You must have your plan documentation to hand when the repairer arrives. If we approve a repair but are unable to find an approved engineer, we’ll permit you to use your chosen repairer. You will have to pay them and claim the cost back from us. Please keep a copy of your invoice to send to us.
• Unless they are listed under the ‘Special conditions’ section or the ‘What this plan includes’ section, the following are excluded from the plan, and we will not pay for repairs which relate to:
• Damage during delivery, installation or transportation of the product by a third party who is not our agent.
• Any breakdown cost already covered by any manufacturer, supplier or repairer guarantee or warranty on a product.
• Replacement or recall of the product (or any part) by a supplier or the manufacturer.
• Modifying or making a product comply with legislation; work on the product that is only required due to legislation changes or making it safely accessible.
• Your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Any problem with the supply of electricity, gas, water, broadband or broadcast content.
• Routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing and re-gassing.
• Repairs carried out outside of your country of residence.
• Indirect, direct or any consequential loss arising from your loss of use of the product or incidental costs caused by breakdown or repair.
• Damage to any other property or possessions, whether affixed to the product or not, unless it is proven to be our fault.
• Cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork, dents or scratches.
• Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: theft, attempted theft, neglect, deliberate damage or damage caused by animals, plants or trees.
• Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: earthquake, flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather conditions, salt spray, storm or other natural events or catastrophes, abnormally high or low temperatures, plumbing problems, corrosion, chemical exposure, radiation, explosion, sabotage, terrorism, insurrection, revolution, war, riot, armed conflict, civil commotion, rebellion, man-made events or catastrophes or technological hazards (such as computer viruses or date-change faults).
• Any appliance not registered under the plan.
• Repairs, maintenance work, or use of spare parts, where not approved by
• Damage to ceramic or glass surfaces (unless caused by an accident protected by the plan).
• Commercial or business use including use by charities, not-for-profit organisations,local government or other suchs imilar organisations(unless we agree to the use in writing before hand)
• Fraud or attempted fraud, or where the condition of the product is not consistent with the request youmade.
• The cost of replacing any accessories including: external fuses, batteries, rechargeable batteries, power cells, light bulbs changeable by the user, fluorescent tubes and related starter components, filters, attachments, cables and cable joints, plugs, light covers, grills, removable parts, glass and enamel parts, catalytic panels, external piping, starter connections and straps, 3D glasses and brushes and tubes.
• For products with screens: repairs due to pixel failure where the number or location of pixels does not exceed the manufacturer’s acceptable limit,marks on the screen, or burned screens.
• For televisions: the change from analogue to digital broadcasting including termination of anolog transmissions, software interface problems, satellite or cable systems or gaining access to cables within the fabric of a building or wall.
In addition to the ‘General exclusions’ above, the following are excluded from the plan, and we will not pay for repairs which relate to AGAs and gas tumble dryers.
With our permission you may transfer your plan to a new owner of the product by giving us their details either over the telephone or in writing.
Third Party Rights Exclusion
This plan is only for your benefit.No rights or benefits will be given to anyother third party under theplan, the plan is not transferrable.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
We may modify or replace these terms and conditions in order to comply with the law, regulations, industry guidance or codes of practice. Rectify errors or so reflect changes in the scope or nature of the regulations and law provided to you.
We will give you thirty(30)days’written notice of any change that could have a material effect on your rights or obligations. The new terms and conditions will take effect from the date specified in the notice. If you do not agree with the changes,you may cancel the plan by notify in gus with in that notice period and you will receive a pro rata refund of any payments that you have made for the unexpired period of yourplan.
Data protection Secure home appliances limited and its business partners will use your information (which you or others have provided to us) to provide the requested service and for administration (including their cover of any amounts owing, where applicable), marketing, market research, customer surveys, regulatory reporting, to check and verify your identity and analytics and testing purposes. Your information may also be shared with other selected companies acting on our behalf in the proper administration of your plan. We will inform you about any adaptations to our business which shall affect your plan and any developments which we feel may be of interest to you. We shall only contact you about future developments using the details you have provided to us. Please do indicate if you do not wish to be contacted regarding future offers and developments outside of your plan. If your personal details change, wish to change your marketing preferences, or opt out of receiving marketing information, please let us know by writing to; Secure home appliances limited, 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT. Governing Law & Statutory Rights
We will communicate with you in English and English Law will apply unless we agree otherwise with you. Nothing in the conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contacts the Citizens Advice Bureau: www.adviceguide.org.uk 03454040506.
Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept Instructions to pay Direct Debits
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Secure home appliances limited will notify you within 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Secure home appliances limited to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Secure home appliances limited or your bank or build society you are entitled to a full refund of the amount paid from your back or building society. However, if you receive a refund you are not entitled to you must pay it back when asked.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
How to Contact Us
For customer services: call 0203 769 6575 or write to us at 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT.. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes. Lines are open, at a minimum, from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
SECURE HOME APPLIANCES LIMITED, is registered in England and Wales under company registration 12271479. Registered office address; 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT.
How to Complain
If you wish to complain or you are unhappy with the service provided, please contact our customer services team on; 0203 769 6575 or you can write to us at; 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT .